Saturday, September 5, 2009

Injustice...

There are a few things I would like to say, because an injustice act was done towards me today and It kind of bothered me. Firts off, I am gay. For those of you who think I choice this, I didnt. Dont you think If i did have a choice, that I would choice the easier road? Secondly, I am not embarressed about being gay. Its who I am. I am out to family and friends, and I am accepted by them all. They all love me for me, and just want to see me happy no matter what that means.

When I got out of work today, I realized that my car had been egged because of an equality sticker that I put on my bumper a few weeks back. I know thats why they egged it because the sticker itself was egged, and none of the other cars in the lot had eggs on them.

Some people are so closed minded! There was no need for people to participate in actions such as these.

As Johnson said in the assigned reading, "That means there is no way to talk about it without difficulty and without pain. It is possible, however, to talk about it in ways that make the struggle and the pain worth it" (pg.13).

I am not going to let injustice actions like this put me down. Im going to make the struggle worth it by standing up for what I know is right. Im not going to hide who i am and give into society. Instead, Im going to get involved and prove to people that there is nothing wrong about equality amd homosexuality.

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you, and I admire your attitude. Never let anything negative that people say to you get to you. You're proud of who you are, and that's a great thing. If people don't like you for you, then they aren't worth your time. Keep standing up for what you know is right. There are many people who must find you admirable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay Tara! Whatever. People are rude, and that's it. People don't understand that you have feelings and they are ignorant. You are gay, so what!! Be pround of who you are, and not what other people think of you! Who cares what they think. They don't matter! Like Vanessa said, " If people don't like you for you, then they aren't worth your time." Just keep your head high girl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that is very sweet of you to say! You just made my night :)

    -I have always been proud of myself. Personally, i see nothing wrong with being gay. I was born this way, and I have accepted it. Ive been out for 4 years now, and all of my family and friends are accepting. I keep my head held high all the time. People arent worth me getting all down in the dumps over. If they want to act immature, go ahead haha. Lifes way too short. Laugh. Smile. Be free. Be yourself. Dont be afraid of anything. Take chances. Have pride. When you feel like your slipping at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on :) it can be an amazing ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara! I'm really glad you aren't letting it get to you. It's the other persons ignorance that should bother them. Your a strong person who has your own opinion and I really admire that about you. You seem like a really fun person and your really easy to get along with. Just keep up the good attitude and don't let things bother you :) see you in class.

    ReplyDelete